Get Free Email Updates!
Join us for FREE to get instant email updates!
-By Caleb Jones
Here are a few examples of the extreme disease that you and I see on the internet all the time:
- Every big movie that comes out (particularly blockbuster sci-fi or superhero movies) is either AMAZINGLY AWESOME or it TOTALLY SUCKS. If you say there are some good things and some bad things about it, YOU’RE WRONG!
- Donald Trump is either PERFECT IN EVERYTHING HE DOES or he’s HITLER WHO WILL DESTROY US ALL. If you say there are some good things and some bad things about him, YOU’RE A FUCKIN’ SJW OR NAZI!
- Barack Obama was the MOST AMAZING PRESIDENT EVER or HE TOTALLY SUCKED IN EVERY WAY. (You could similarly insert Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders in there too.)
- The left-wing, right-wing, progressives, conservatives, SJW’s, or alt-right are RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING AND WILL SAVE US ALL or they are PURE EVIL AND MUST BE DESTROYED!
- Libertarians are either 100% RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING or are a BUNCH OF CRAZY ANARCHISTS WHO DON’T WANT ROADS!
You can also apply the extreme disease to any political issue. There are numerous examples of this I could list, but this one is my favorite:
- YOU DON'T NEED A BIG GUN! BIG GUNS SHOULD BE TOTALLY ILLEGAL BECAUSE I DON’T LIKE THEM or FUCK YOU - JUST TRY TO TAKE MY AR YOU FUCKING COMMIE, I’LL BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF!
Indeed, most political discourse today is the extreme right screaming at the extreme left over views that most of the mainstream don’t even have. Whenever you see a left-winger screaming about the KKK or a right-winger screaming about some feminist talking about how men shouldn't be allowed to vote, you’re seeing an example of the extreme disease. It’s hilarious. And it’s become the norm.
The reason you need to be aware of the extreme disease is because it infests the entire manosphere, as well as many people who read and comment on this blog about the topics we discuss here all the time.
Below are a few examples of the extreme disease that you should identify and be aware of whenever you read them here or on any other manosphere blog. Realize that any time you see the extreme disease pour out of someone’s mouth (or should I say, keyboard), you are not reading anything that is objective, rational, or accurate. You’re simply reading the rantings of someone who is feeling and not thinking. Here are a few common examples:
1. ALL WOMEN ARE EVIL! DON’T DATE ANY OF THEM! THEY WILL LIE TO YOU AND CHEAT ON YOU AND FUCK UP YOUR LIFE.
This is the typical angry MGTOW argument, and of course it’s false. As I discussed here, if you date women but don’t give them the power to screw up your life, most women (not all, but most) are very pleasant and perfectly safe to date and have sex with. Specific examples of how to do this are all over this blog.
I already addressed this here. Men who seriously think no man should move in with a woman ever, even in your old age, are in a very tiny minority of both the manosphere and the human race. Of course, if you would be less happy living with a woman, by all means don’t live with one. At the same time, as I discussed here, here and here, there are indeed many ways in which you can co-habit with a woman while greatly mitigating any risk or damage that might result in your finances or your sex life. Just because most men do this wrong doesn’t mean there aren’t safer ways of doing it.
3. TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE / LONG-TERM MONOGAMY WORKS GREAT AS LONG AS YOU FIND THE RIGHT GIRL AND STAY ALPHA! THAT’S WHAT A REAL MAN DOES!
This is the obvious right-wing inverse of the first two, and it’s just as false. Long-term monogamy and traditional marriage has failed in the West, and failed a very long time ago. The typical right-wing manosphere advice of “find a young virgin, marry her, and be Alpha” doesn’t work at all, as I’ve shown with numerous articles, stats, and facts all over this blog. If that advice actually worked, the divorce rate would not be 70%, and the infidelity rate wouldn’t be constantly rising.
At the same time, since I’m not infected with the extreme disease, I can admit that long-term monogamy / traditional marriage can work for a very small percentage of people (about 10%, consisting of mostly boring, low sex drive people). There are always exceptions to every rule, but the exceptions prove the rule. More importantly, if you enjoy sex and are reading this blog, you’re not in that 10% exception. Just trust me, you’re not.
As I discussed here, all four forms of game work if you work them and do them correctly. If you do online dating wrong, you won’t get laid, but that’s true of night game as well. If you do online game correctly, you will get laid, and that’s true of night game too. Different types of game are better for different types of men (based on your age, schedule, lifestyle, personality and preferences), but they all work.
5. THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA LIES ABOUT LITERALLY EVERYTHING! YOU CAN’T TRUST A SINGLE WORD THEY SAY!
This one has gained traction in the Era of Trump. Clearly the MSM is completely full of shit, and that’s been the case for a very long time; decades in fact. You cannot trust the MSM to provide an accurate picture of just about anything, and any time you consume news from MSM sources, you need to also read several new media / alternative media sources on the same story, so that you get more information that is hopefully more accurate, or at least more well rounded.
However, there are alt-right fanatics going around saying that if the MSM says it, it’s automatically a lie, 100% of the time. Of course this is not the case. Much of what the MSM reports is accurate; much is not. It’s your job to sift though the bullshit to get as close to the truth as you can.
My method is to always get at least three, and usually five diverse sources on any major news story before I make a judgement about it. For me, that’s usually the following:
- Left-wing MSM (CNN, New York Times, etc)
- Right-wing MSM (Fox News, Wall Street Journal, etc)
- Left-wing alternative media (Huffington Post, Young Turks, etc)
- Right-wing alternative media (Steven Crowder, InfoWars, etc)
- Libertarian media (Reason.com, Simon Black, Doug Casey, etc) (Important note: just because I’m a libertarian doesn’t mean that I consider my libertarian sources as unbiased and always accurate. Sometimes they are indeed as biased and as silly as left-wing and right-wing sources. See? I have the ability to question sources on my own side. Most people on the internet lack this ability.)
If a big news story breaks, I check the story from all five sources above, and I usually get a pretty good picture of what’s going on. It’s one of many helpful antidotes for the extreme disease.
Always be aware of your own tendency to become infected by the extreme disease. As I talked about here, the two most common words in woman language are “always” and “never.” The problem is, these two words often don’t have any place in the real world. If you find yourself using them to describe a complex issue, you probably need to take a deep breath, relax, and turn on your brain. You’re probably not thinking rationally.
Want over 35 hours of how-to podcasts on how to improve your woman life and financial life? Want to be able to coach with me twice a month? Want access to hours of technique-based video and audio? The SMIC Program is a monthly podcast and coaching program where you get access to massive amounts of exclusive, members-only Alpha 2.0 content as soon as you sign up, and you can cancel whenever you want. Click here for the details.